There are a number of recipes out there for this but I first saw it in the Denver Post. Of course I changed it up a bit. This can be a side for dinner or breakfast! You boil the potatoes first so you’re not cooking them all the way through on the grill – easy!
30 thin-skinned potatoes, no bigger than a ping-pong ball
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 medium onion
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 T Tuscan Temptation or Sweet Inferno
5 slices thick-cut bacon
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
10 bamboo double pronged skewers
1. Place potatoes in pan, cover with water, add 1 T salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down and simmer until tender. About 7-8 minutes. Test one with a fork but be careful to not split it open. Drain, spread on a sheet pan and let them cool completely.
2. Cut the bacon into 1” lengths and cook just slightly – don’t allow to get crisp.
3. Slice the onion into 1” lengths and place into a bowl with potatoes and bacon. Add the oil and whichever rub you’re using – Tuscan Temptation or Sweet Inferno – toss to coat.
4. Using a double bamboo skewer thread 2 pieces of onion, a piece of bacon, and a potato, pressing them close together; repeat until you have 3 potatoes - ending with bacon and onion.
5. Once your grill is hot place your skewers on the grill. Close the grill but keep a close eye on them. Turn often which is easy to do with the double skewers (they don’t rotate on the skewer). Grill until they are nice and brown with nice grill marks on the potatoes – about 10-12 minutes.
6. Place them on a platter, sprinkle with parsley and serve. Your guests will be delighted!